Rhythmix Friday Night Comedy Jam Featuring Will Durst, Johnny Steele & Friends
October 14, 2011 8:00 pm - October 15, 2011 10:00 pm
2513 Blanding Ave, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
Rhythmix StandUp Comedy Night
When: Friday, October 14th
Time: 8:00-10:00 pm
Cost: $15 in advance, $20 at the door
Featuring "Johnny Steele's StandUp Comedy Variety"
Bay Area's best known personality presents an evening of Comedy, Music and Interviews"
Ticket Info: BUY TICKETS NOW
Drinks & concessions will be available at the show.
Rhythmix Cultural Works announces its new series, The Rhythmix StandUp Comedy Night: a 90 minute spectacle of hilarious topical stand up comedy, skits, quizzes, and other surprises. It's SNL meets The Daily Show meets stand up comedy meets, well, middle age.
The Comedy Night series feature a ROTATING cast of performers from the wildly successful and long-running Big Fat Year End Kiss Off Comedy Tour, including Will Durst, Johnny Steele, Michael Bossier, Mari Magaloni, Debi Durst plus other special guests from month to month. These shows coincide with 2nd Friday Art Receptions at the K Gallery, Bridgehead Studio & more galleries in the area.
Starring performers from TV, radio, the theater, and the comedy stage, here are some of the players you can expect to see from month to month:
- Johnny Steele: Former host of several radio and TV shows including The Live 105 Morning Show, THE SHOW on KRON 4/Bay TV, The War On Error Radio Hour on Green 960. He's also a past winner of the San Francisco International Comedy Competition and has headlined across the US, Canada, and Europe.
- Will Durst: Former host of several TV shows (PBS), and the Will and Willie Morning Show on Green 960 (that's Willie Brown). He's also the author of The All-American Sport of Bi-Partisan Bashing and his columns and commentary are syndicated in dozens of publications. He's also a national comedy headliner. His successful solo show, by the same name, was extended Off Broadway in NYC.
- Michael Bossier: Is long-time improv and sketch performer. He's been a player and writer of the Big Fat Year End Comedy Show for nearly 20 years. He's also a sought after comedy coach currently teaching at SFSU and several theaters throughout the bay area including The Rhythmix Theater. He is also the Mike of the comedy team Deb & Mike.
- Mari Magaloni: Is a classically trained actress and has performed in theaters from NYC to San Jose. She is also an accomplished impressionist (her Sarah Palin is not to be missed) as well as a hilarious comedian.
- Debi Durst: President of Comedy Celebration Day, the world's largest one day comedy celebration, and 50% of the comedy team of Deb & Mike (Bossier). She's also 50% of Will Durst.