Double Your Impact with Our Matching Grant!
Through the generosity of supporters like you, Rhythmix Cultural Works successfully presented a calendar of innovative artistic programming during its fifth year in Alameda! We are excited both to share news of those achievements and let you know about our matching challenge grant:
With your help, RCW has accomplished amazing feats in the past year:
- Served approximately 1000 schoolchildren through our Performance Art and Learning Program to bring free educational arts performances to 3rd & 4th grade children in the Alameda Unified School District.
- Created the Island Arts Concert series, which brought island arts and culture from around the world to the island of Alameda.
- Received a National Endowment for the Arts grant to support the expansion of RCW’s Island Arts Concert Series to provide free workshops to underserved youth. RCW is one of only 162 recipients nationwide!
- Presented Comedy, Cajun, Salsa, Accordions, Balalaika, Russian Pop, Jazz, Cuban, Tango and more live performances.
- Launched a Sunday afternoon chamber music concert series.
- Presented 6 exhibitions and hosted free art jams every Wednesday in the K Gallery, leading to several exhibits with a vibrant community of artists.
- Offered a wide variety of classes including Art, Belly Dance, Capoeira, Salsa, Hoop Dance, World Percussion, Fashion Sewing, Yoga, Zumba and more.
Please help Rhythmix continue to make a difference in Alameda and beyond by making a tax-deductible donation TODAY. Donations of ANY size will be matched dollar for dollar. One hundred percent of your contributions support RCW’s mission to create a diverse community-based arts center for regional and international artists, musicians and dancers.
It’s been a GREAT year and we’re looking forward to providing even more high quality arts programming in 2013.
Thank you again for your generosity and support.
Tina Blaine (bean)
P.S. A gift of any amount will be an investment in a better future!
SUGGESTED DONATION LEVELS
» $25 Painter
Buys 1 gallon of paint to touch up the walls between each art exhibit at the K Gallery.
» $50 Art Jammer
Covers arts and crafts material costs for the weekly ArtJam. The K Gallery provides a place for artists to mingle, share ideas and create new work every Wednesday night.
» $100 Set Designer
Allows RCW to purchase materials to create a uniquely themed set for our monthly Bingo Performance Art Fundraiser. Bingo is entirely staffed by volunteers and 100% of the proceeds are used for arts programming at RCW.
Premium: A Two for One gift certificate to the event of your choice.
» $250 Innovator
Covers the cost of materials and professional artist/teacher fees for Family Workshops where youth learn everything from how to play a ukelele to building an instrument with recycled materials.
Premium: 2 tickets to the event of your choice
» $500 Director
Sponsors a "Youth Art" exhibition in our K Gallery where RCW showcases art from schools such as Alameda High School and organizations serving low-income youth such as the East Bay Boxing Society.
Premium: 4 tickets to the event of your choice
» $1,000 Producer
Provides a scholarship for four children to attend our popular one-week art and music Summer camps where youth engage with professional artists, musicians and educators.
Premium: An engraved gear on our donor's wall
» $2,500 Visionary
Helps subsidize the cost of bringing world class artists and performances to RCW.
Premium: An engraved gear on our donor's wall plus 4 tickets to the event of your choice.
» $5,000 Arts Angel
Allows RCW to offer 10 school assemblies and provide outreach activities to over 600 Alameda youth. Premium: An engraved gear on our donor's wall plus host your own event at RCW with an all-inclusive private rental of our facility.