Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I donate to RCW
- Who does RCW serve?
- How can I contact you to make a donation?
- What percentage of my donation will go towards RCW's programs?
- How does making a donation to RCW benefit me?
- Is my donation tax-deductible? What is your Federal Tax ID?
- Does RCW accept Gifts-In-Kind?
- Does RCW accept Matching Gifts?
- Will RCW share my personal information if I donate?
Why should I donate to RCW?
RCW receives 15% of its operating income from ticket sales. RCW receives no government funding and only 5% in grants. The remainder must be raised from individuals like yourself. Individual support is a vital part of RCW's fundraising strategy, allowing us to continue to provide interesting and affordable programming in Alameda.
How would RCW use my donation?
Currently entering into our fourth year, we envision Rhythmix Cultural Works (RCW) as the cultural hub of Alameda, inspiring the community to engage in the arts and strengthen the value of creativity and discovery in everyday life. The State of California and the City of Alameda continues to undergo severe cuts in educational spending that prevent cultural arts programming from reaching our students, particularly those in our public school system.
One example of how RCW would put your donation to use would be to develop programs to address this need by:
- Running an affordable and accessible facility that introduces students to cultural arts programming
- Building familiarity with a variety of cultural arts programs and activities to which children and families may not otherwise have access
- Encouraging children and families to explore their creativity and practice active learning by using non-traditional hands-on methods
- Providing outreach to schools and field trips for families and students from underserved and low-income communities
Who does RCW serve?
Our target audiences are youth ages 6-12, families and adults, but many of our events appeal to people of all ages. While we primarily serve the City of Alameda, it is not uncommon to find visitors from all over the Bay area at RCW events and activities. RCW presents local, national and international artists in the presentation of their work.
How can I contact you to make a donation?
The fastest and easiest way to give to RCW is via our secure online giving website - check out this one at click & pledge. Our online giving program also allows donors to divide their gifts into monthly or quarterly installments.
Gifts can also be made by mailing a check payable to RCW to the following:
Rhythmix Cultural Works
2513 Blanding Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
What percentage of my donation will go towards RCW's programs?
RCW spends 75% of every donation on our programs and 25% is used for operating costs (which includes fundraising and administrative expenses). National charity watchdog organizations report that 25 cents per dollar is average for operating costs, and that up to 40 cents is acceptable.
How does making a donation to RCW benefit me?
In addition to the satisfaction that comes with supporting a non-profit organization that provides ongoing exposure to cultural arts not previously available on the island of Alameda, you can also receive tangible tax benefits for your donation. Gifts to RCW are deductible to the full extent of the law.
Is my donation tax-deductible? What is your Federal Tax ID? Absolutely! RCW is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which means that your gift is fully deductible. Our Federal Tax ID number is: 94-3340251.
Does RCW accept Gifts-In-Kind?
Yes! RCW is constantly looking for in-kind donors to help us with the following:
- Gift Certificates - RCW needs prizes for its monthly Bingo events & its annual fundraiser and is willing to trade with other local organizations as well.
- Food and drinks - RCW often hosts business mixers, school benefits and offers concessions at many of its shows to help cover production costs. Donations of food and drinks are appreciated.
- Printing of posters, flyers, programs, banners, and signs
- Photography and Video
- Graphic design & Web services
- Marketing and Development consulting
Does RCW accept Matching Gifts?
Yes! In fact, we greatly encourage donors to check and see if their company matches gifts.
Procedures for matching gift programs vary but matching gift forms can typically be obtained through your employer's human resources office. You can send the signed form with a check made payable to RCW, and we'll handle the rest!
Will RCW share my personal information if I donate?
To date, RCW has not shared our donor list with any other organizations. In 2011, RCW became a member of the Bay Area Big List. In exchange, RCW has agreed to occasionally share its list to carefully selected arts organizations for event information distribution ONLY. Members of BABL are not allowed to keep the names or solicit the members of any other participating organizations. We have always honored individual requests from members/donors who do not wish for us to share their personal information.